Speed up internet connectivity before Akash releases: Pallam
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Union HRD Minister M M Pallam Raju today asked educational institutions in Jharkhand to work on high speed internet connectivity against the backdrop of distribution of Akash tablets across the country.
Emphasising on content creation and high speed internet connectivity, he said Ranchi University is a part of the pursuit to make students an asset for the country.
He asked the education department in the state to work with its counterpart at the Centre to make Akash tablets available for eligible students in Jharkhand.
His suggestion came during the course of his speech at the 27th Annual Convocation of Ranchi University.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet