Sports round-up: Tennis Day tournament on March 2, 3
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
Over 1,000 tennis players are expected to play at the seven centres across Maharashtra in the u-10 state ranking championships to be organised by the Maharashtra State Lawn Tennis Association as a part of the International Tennis Federation's World Tennis Day celebrations. The event will be held simultaneously at Mumbai, Pune, Kolhapur, Solapur, Aurangabad, Nashik and Nagpur on March 2 and 3, according to a release issued by the MSLTA. There will be an open sign-in and players can register directly at the venues on Saturday, March 2, between 8 am and 9 am. All players will be awarded state ranking points and specially-designed certificates.
Inter-IT T20 begins Saturday
Atos will take on Fiserv in the opening match of the Inter-IT T20 Cup cricket tournament at the Nehru Stadium ground on Saturday. As many as 16 teams will be competing in the tournament, which offers a total prize money of Rs 1 lakh. The tournament will be held at two grounds ó Deccan Gymkhana Club and Nehru Stadium ó and will be played only on weekends between February 23 and April 7.
Chess League from April 24
The Maharashtra Chess Association will be conducting the Maharashtra Chess League from April 24. MCA chairman Ravindra Dongre said the league would have six teams from different cities of Maharashtra. Teams from Pune, Nagpur, Mumbai, Jalgaon, Aurangabad and Nashik will be part of the inaugural edition of the league. A team in this league will comprise a certain number of grand masters, women grand masters, international masters and also a requisite number of women players. The league will be played on a round-robin format with the top four teams qualifying for the semi-finals. The first edition of the competition will have a total prize fund of Rs 5,00,000.
Netball training camp begins
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held