- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Ball kids selection for Royal Indian Open today
Selection of ball kids for the Royal Indian Open, slated to kick off on November 1 at the Balewadi Sports Complex, will be held on Sunday between 4pm to 5pm at the PYC Hindu Gymkhana tennis courts. The chief official of the Royal Indian Open, Leena Nageshkar, will conduct the trials. Trials are open for children between the age of 11 to 16 years. The selected children will get an opportunity to interact with players participating in the tournament and watch them from close quarters.
PDMBA to launch coaches training course
The Poona District Metropolitan Badminton Association (PDMBA) has developed a training course for coaches on a pilot project basis. The level 1 coaches training course will offer present players and past players to become certified coaches. The certificate programme will include a standard pattern of badminton training. The course includes instruction in coaching the basic badminton strokes, footwork and stance. The PDMBA has announced that it will evaluate the progress and the response to the program at the culmination of the first batch and will then launch higher level course.
Workshop for boxing referees on October 30
The Pune District Amateur Boxing Association (PDABA) will conduct a workshop or boxing referees on October 30. The workshop will be conducted at 6 pm at the PDABA office at Nehru Stadium. The Workshop will be conducted by president of the PDABA Vijay Sawant. He will be assisted by national level boxing referees Arvind Thombre, Sunil Nevrekar, Amol Saptarshi. The workshop will deal with the new set of rules introduced in amateur boxing and also on medical checks and conditioning of boxers.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in ‘friendly fire’