Srei Infra, BNP Paribas to infuse Rs 200 cr in JV
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
Private sector lender Srei Infrastructure Finance (SIFL), which today posted a 68 percent decline in its net profit for the June quarter at Rs 17.42 cr, said it along with BNP Paribas will infuse up to Rs 200 crore into their equal joint venture Srei Equipment Finance (SEFPL).
The company had posted a net profit of Rs 54.6 crore in the same quarter last year.
Srei Equipment Finance is into equipment financing in the infrastructure, agriculture, medical, information and technology space.
"We are upbeat in the infrastructure space, despite various economic challenges, as it requires a consistent approach. BNP Paribas also sees opportunity in this sector and therefore both the shareholders are committing further equity investment of up to Rs 200 crore in their joint venture, thereby increasing the net worth to Rs 1,667 crore," Srei Infra Finance CMD Hemant Kanoria said.
Srei Infrastructure's total income for the quarter under consideration grew 49 percent at Rs 761.68 crore as against Rs 510.83 crore in the year-ago period.
During the quarter, the company suffered a notional forex loss of Rs 58.53 crore owing to the sharp depreciation of the rupee, the statement said.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow