Sri Lankan journalist Faraz Shaukatali shot at by unidentified gunmen
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
Sri Lankan journalist Faraz Shaukatali has been shot at by unidentified gunmen in the national capital, police said today.
Shaukatali, a columnist in The Sunday Leader newspaper, was fired at by three people at his guest house in the Colombo suburb of Mount Lavinia around midnight, they said.
He was admitted to the intensive care unit of the Kalubowila hospital.
The motive of the attack is not known.
Shaukatali is a columnist in The Sunday Leader which was in the past known for its anti-government content. Its founder editor Lasantha Wickrematunga was killed in early 2009.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow