Sridevi's song to be done in new flavour in 'I Me Aur Hum'
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
The film also stars Prachi Desai and John said that they have added their own flavour to it. "We are fortunate to get the rights of this popular song. In our film 'I Me Aur Main' it is an exciting, sensual and young song on which Chitrangada, Prachi and I are performing," John told reporters here.
"We have changed the original lines of the song from 'Naa Jaane Kaha Se Aayi Hai' to 'Naa Jaane Kaha Se Aaya Hai'.
It is about where this guy is from," he added. Chitrangada, who would also be seeing shaking a leg on the number, insists they have not tried to copy Sridevi. "It was the best picturised song of that time and we are trying to match up to that level. But the way she danced we are not trying to do the same," Chitrangada said.
"The way it has been treated is different, as it is a remix version, the lyrics have been changed," she added. John's co-star in the film Prachi is also quite excited about the song.
"I was absolutely thrilled when I heard we werereviving the song, that it is going to be new age version. Whenever you do something that has been done before, you try to do it in your way but comparisons will be inevitable," Prachi said.
"We can't do anything about it. We have a completely different take, like we sing this song for John. I think it is a nice idea," she said.
It was reportedly T-Series' head Bhushan Kumar's idea to revive the popular Sridevi number and he asked producer Goldie Behl to use the song in his upcoming project.
'I, Me, aur Main' is an upcoming romance drama film directed by debutant Kapil Sharma. The film is set to release on March 1.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow