SRPF jawan dies during practice run
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
A jawan attached to the State Reserve Police Force (SRPF), Group I, at Ramtekdi, Hadapsar, died under mysterious circumstances during practice run around 7 am on Saturday.
Police have identified the deceased as Prakash Khambaji Godawale (26), a native of Natambi village in Bhor. The Wanawdi police have registered an accidental death case in the matter and investigation is under way to ascertain the cause of the death.
Police said Godawale was an athlete and he came to the SRPF ground at Ramtekdi along with 750 other jawans around 6.30 am. But around 7 am, he suddently collapsed on the ground during 'running practice'.
The doctors present at the spot immediately gave him medical aid and then rushed him to a private hospital where doctors pronounced him dead on arrival.
His body was then sent for a post-mortem. Deputy Commissioner of Police (Zone IV) Manoj Patil said postmortem report is awaited and it would reveal the cause of his death.
Godawale joined SRPF in 2006 and he was posted at SRPF Group I in Pune recently after serving for a few months in Gadhchiroli district. He had married eight months ago.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet