St Xavier’s Chandigarh cagers emerge champions
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
In a low-scoring encounter, St Xavier's School, Chandigarh eves defeated St Xavier's School, Panchkula girls, 12-4, in the final to claim the 9th Emily Gosain basketball title played on Friday. The half-time score was 4-1.
Both the teams were defensive and rarely made attempts to score points. As a result, the final outcome was not what the respective teams had hoped for. Apoorva top scored for the winning with four points. However, Manjot turned out to be the top scorer of the final match but her effort (six points) came in a losing cause for the St Xavier's Panchkula team.
Earlier, in the semi-finals played in the morning, St Xavier's Chandigarh thrashed Strawberry Field School, Sector 26, Chandigarh, 36-16. The half-time score was 21-12 in favour of the St Xavier's team. Komal scored 17 teams for the winning team. In the second semi-final, St Xavier's Panchkula outplayed Ryan International School, Chandigarh, 14-4, in another low-scoring match. St Xavier's was leading 8-2 till the half time. Manjot of St Xavier's School, Chandigah, emerged as the best player of the tournament.
CLTA-AITA tennis meet from Dec 3
Chandigah:Chandigarh Lawn Tennis Association will organise the CLTA-AITA Championship Series tennis tournament for boys and girls' Under-12 & 16 from December 3 to 7. The Qualifying matches for the event would be played on December 1 and 2. Players from different states would take part in the event. The response for the sign-in was good as a total of 208 players have signed-in for the qualifying event. Wild card for the main draw has been given to:
Boys: Under-12: Sehaj Sidhu, Udgam Aggarwal, Shreyas Chopra, Daksh Marwaha; Under-16: Rahul Seth, Rohit Kumar, Krishna Rajput, Prithvi Khanna (AITA);
Girls: Under-12: Adity Dogra, Bhavya Sangri; Under-16: Chetna Kumari, Taru Ahluwalia, Saumya Saxena, Akshita Singh.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet