St Xavier’s church to celebrate Golden Jubilee
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
St Xavier's Church will celebrate 150 years of its existence on December 3. A nine-day celebration has been planned, culminating in the final feast day celebration.
The first mass was held in 1862 by Rev Fr Basil Haefey SJ and oldest parish activity was the conference in 1867 of St Vincent de Paul who also started St Vincent's School.
"We are in the process of restoring the church art, paintings, structure and building. Our challenge today is to restore and renew the church community so as to be ready for the observance of the 150th anniversary of St Xavier's," said Fr Bertie Rozario, Parish Priest.
He added, "The nine days of solemn prayers will attract many pilgrims from far and wide."
The Novena services will begin on November 24 till Feast day Mass on December 3.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow