Starbucks comes to Delhi, two outlets at airport
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Expanding its reach to new markets in India, coffee chain Tata Starbucks on Thursday announced the opening of two of its outlets at the Indira Gandhi International Airport.
An outlet will be opened near Gate 27 of the domestic terminal and another will be set up near Gate 15 of the international terminal of the airport, Tata Starbucks said in an statement. "With this launch, Starbucks forays into a new market segment and expands the number of stores, reaching more customers in the market," the statement said.
The store at the domestic terminal opened at 5 pm on Thursday, and the one at international terminal will open its doors to travellers at 3.30 pm on Friday.
Tata Starbucks chief executive officer Avani Saglani Davda said: "The launch at the New Delhi IGI Airport is consistent with our commitment to work thoughtfully to open stores in locations where our customers want and expect us to be. We look forward to extending the Starbucks Experience and meeting the increasing demand for high quality coffee within travel channels in India."
"Starbucks plans to extend its presence in this segment with the launch of Starbucks stores at the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport in Mumbai by the end of March 2013," Tata Starbucks said.
The store will offer a differentiated breakfast menu, which will include vegetarian and non-vegetarian sandwiches such as Mediterranean Foccasia with roast vegetables, wild mushroom pockets, chicken ham, roasted peppers ciabata in addition to a wide range of cakes, muffins, pastries, breads, wraps and savories. Additionally, the stores will offer an extensive beverage portfolio that includes a wide range of Starbucks signature beverages and Tata tea.
At the International terminal, the store will be open 24 hours and at the domestic terminal it will open from 5 am to 9 pm.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet