State shifts two SSPs, an IAS officer
- Spot-fixing: Petition in SC seeks stay on IPL matches, seeks SIT probe
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Sanjay Dutt spends restless nights as officials yet to decide on his jail
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Railgate: BJP protests against CBI DIG for shielding Pawan Bansal
Chandigarh:In a minor reshuffle, the Punjab government on Monday transferred two SSPs in the state with the immediate effect. SSP Ropar, Jatinder Singh Aulakh has been shifted to Khanna in the same capacity, an official here said. Indermohan Singh, SSP Khanna will take charge of SSP, Ropar, the official said. Meanwhile, the state government also issued the transferand posting order of one IAS officer. Rupanjali Karthik, Additional Secretary, Health and Family Welfare has been posted as Secretary Punjab Public Service Commission, Patiala against a vacant post, an official spokesman said.
CISF security to Sukhbir to continue
Patiala:CISF will continue to provide security to Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal till further orders. CISF personnel have been part of Sukhbir's security detail since he became an MP. Police sources said Sukhbir is high on the target of militant groups. "He has Z-plus cover. Besides CISF, he has a cover of CRPF and Punjab Police personnel. As he is the Chief Minister's son, he comes under the CM's security cover also," they said. Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal has an NSG security cover.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'