Strike at Mahindra & Mahindra's Nashik plant continues for second day
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Madras High Court issues notice to BCCI, Sports Minister over IPL spot-fixing
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- Govt further cuts import tariff value of gold
Auto major Mahindra & Mahindra on Wednesday said the tool down strike by workers at its Nashik plant in Maharashtra continued for the second day, resulting in a total production loss of around 500 vehicles so far.
"The tool down strike by employees of the Nashik plant, which started on March 5, 2013, is currently continuing. The company has had a production loss of around 500 vehicles till date," M&M said in a statement. The company said the loss of output will have no immediate impact on sales as it has three weeks of stock in the pipeline.
"M&M believes in fair treatment and will keep its dialogue ongoing with the union representatives for stoppage of the current tool down and a planned strike so as to reach a mutual agreement," the company said. The company, however, did not share details such as what are the exact demands of the workers and since how long the wage negotiations are going on.
The workers had partially stopped production at two assembly lines on Tuesday.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow