Strike option last resort: Hero workers union
Seeking an early solution to its wage settlement talks with the management, workers of Hero MotoCorp's Gurgaon plant today said they are keeping options open to go on strike but only as last resort.
"Strike is an option for us to press for our demands but we won't go for it right now. It will be the last resort," Hero MotoCorp Workers Union president Kanwalpreet Singh said. The union is demanding a hike in monthly wages of up to Rs 18,000 over a three-year period, which is nearly three times higher than what the company is offering.
Singh said, "... hikes that are being given by other companies in the Gurgaon-Manesar industrial belt, it is a reasonable demand."
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations