Stuck atop a 36-ft coconut tree, desperate woman sends SOS to fire brigade
- Former Ranji player held, Sreesanth and others to be produced in court today
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- All eyes on Narendra Modi as BJP set to discuss strategy for Lok Sabha polls
- SC agrees to hear PIL to stay IPL matches due to spot-fixing
- Monstrous tornado rips through US city of Oklahoma, 90 dead
Stuck up in a 36-feet tall coconut tree while spraying insecticide, a housewife had to make a call to the fire brigade from her mobile phone to rescue her.
45-year-old Cicily, a housewife, had learned to operate the coconut tree climbing machine since the past one year and managed to eke out a living with it.
Yesterday, after she climbed the coconut tree at Nedumbrakkat at Chertala in Alapuzha district, to spray insecticide, the machine seemed to have developed some trouble, police said.
However, not loosing her cool, Cicly, held on to the tree and managed to slowly slip down to at least 21 feet. She could not come down further as the tree had a bend.
Her mobile phone came to her rescue and she immediately called the fire force personnel saying, "Sir I am on top of a coconut tree, Please save me."
Hearing her cries for help, people from the area gathered.
By then, the fire force personnel reached the spot and with the help of a ladder, managed to bring her down safe, police said.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held