Student dies after falling from tree in school premises
- Former Ranji player held, Sreesanth and others to be produced in court today
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- All eyes on Narendra Modi as BJP set to discuss strategy for Lok Sabha polls
- SC agrees to hear PIL to stay IPL matches due to spot-fixing
- Monstrous tornado rips through US city of Oklahoma, 90 dead
A 15-year-old school student died after falling from a tree while cutting its branch at a school premises in Padirikuppam, about 45 km from here, police said today.
Vineeth, studying in 10th standard of Government ZP high school climbed the tree to cut its branches yesterday. He fell down after the branch of the tree on which he was sitting suddenly broke and came down.
Though he was immediately admitted to a hospital, he died, police said.
District Education Departmental officials have visited the school today and commenced an inquiry into the incident.
Action would be taken against teachers if it was found that the boy climbed the tree as per their instruction, official sources said.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held