Student hangs self in Noida
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
A 17-year-old school student was found hanging from the ceiling fan in his room in Noida Sector-15 on Monday evening. Police said the boy was a student of Assisi Convent School in Sector-35. While no suicide note was recovered from the room, police officers believe that the reason behind the suicide was his poor performance in his Class XI exams.
A senior police officer said the boy was found hanging in his room around 8.30 pm. "The results of his Class XI exams had been announced recently and he had failed in four subjects. Prima facie, it seems that this was the trigger for the step," the officer said.
The officer said the boy's family did not think that exam results would prompt him to take the extreme step. "The family last saw him around 4.30 pm on Monday, when he said he was going to his room. He reportedly seemed to be in a good mood. However, when his mother took food to his room, it was locked from inside and there was no response. She raised an alarm, and neighbours broke the door. He had used electric cables to hang himself. He was rushed to Max Hospital, where he was declared dead on arrival," an officer said.
Police said the body was sent for a post-mortem examination. "We are also looking at other aspects, which could have been the reason for the suicide," officer said.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet