Suggestion to delete Section 13.5 b from proposed DC Rules invites flak
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- Supreme Court rules out ban on IPL matches, slams BCCI over spot-fixing
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- Narendra Modi holds talks with Advani ahead of BJP's strategy meeting in Delhi
- Aarushi murder case: HC rejects Talwars' plea to examine 14 witnesses
A suggestion to delete Section 13.5 b from the proposed DC Rules of the Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) has invited opposition from individuals and organisations.
Section 13.5 b of the DC Rules says: "The development permission for buildings having height more than 15 metres and falling within 2-km radius of international airport site and within 1 km from periphery of defence area shall be considered only after the applicant produces NOC from the Ministry of Defence through Air Force Station." On October 18, a suggestion that this be deleted from the proposed DC Rules was made.
In a press release issued on Saturday, corporator Sanjay Balgude said: "The draft plan was proposed on October 25 in the PMC general body meeting. The DC Rules have also been proposed in the same. According to the old DC Rules, Section 13.5 B makes it mandatory to obtain NOC from the Ministry of Defence through the Air Force Station. A suggestion to eliminate this section is nothing but an interference with the security of the nation. This is being done to nurture interests of private developers. We have written to the chief minister of Maharashtra to personally look into the matter and appealed that the restrictions be tightened instead of being relieved."
Pune Janahit Aghadi, in another press release, said, "Is the welfare of private builders more important than the security of the nation and the norms pertaining to defence aerodromes? When NOC is mandatory for buildings taller than 15 metres coming up within a radius of 1 km, what is the reason to delete the Section?"
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held