Sukhbir announces major infrastructure projects
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings
- Just in: Pune Warriors withdraw from the Indian Premier League
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- Supreme Court rules out ban on IPL matches, slams BCCI over spot-fixing
The Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal on Monday announced the four laning of the Chandigarh-Fatehgarh Sahib-Patiala road and other infrastructure projects in Punjab.
At the induction ceremony of the former Congress Minister Harbans Lal in Shiromani Akali Dal, Badal said that Punjab government has initiated the Rs 13,000 crore project to ensure better connectivity of the state with adjoining areas.
He also approved Rs 30 crore for provision of hundred percent sewerage coverage, Rs 2 crore for the beautification of Sirhind drain and developing it as a picnic spot on the pattern of Sukhna Lake.
Besides these projects, Badal proposed a multipurpose sports stadium in the name of Baba Zorawar and Baba Fateh Singh, the younger Sahibzadas of Guru Gobind Singh Ji, in the next financial year and he promised to organize matches of the World Kabbadi Cup, 2013.
Badal said that the next three years are very crucial for the development of the state as the SAD-BJP government has chalked out an Rs 8,745 crore urban development project for 142 cities and towns of the state to be implemented in this stipulated time frame.
Besides this a Rs 10,000 crore project was also being given final touches with an aim to provide on an average Rs 100 crore for various development projects in each assembly constituency and the thrust area would be the provision of various civic amenities in the rural areas on an urban pattern.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held