Sukhbir meets industry leaders
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal on Saturday held a detailed brainstorming session with global industrial giants to give final touches to a blueprint aimed at development of the state with focus on education, health, industrial development and infrastructure.
In the third meeting of Punjab Advisory Council in Delhi on Saturday, in which industrial leaders such as SK Munjal of Hero Group; Malvinder Singh of Fortis Health Care; MP Naresh Gujral, Mohit Gujral, vice president, DLF India; Rakesh Bharti Mittal of Bharti Airtel; Kamal Oswal of Nahar Industries; Neeraj Saluja of SEL Ltd and Rajinder Gupta of Trident Group besides senior members of bureaucracy led by Chief Secretary Rakesh Singh participated, the group held intensive discussions to finalise a model of development for Punjab that would prepare the state for challenges of next 50 years.
Chairing the meeting along with Naresh Gujral, Sukhbir said that he had constituted investment advisory council to get qualitative inputs for governance from all sections of the society.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chiefís son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM