Summons issued to BSY, kin in mining case
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- BSE Sensex falls 49 pts, Larsen & Toubro Limited shares hit by Q4 data
A day after he is was to launch his own breakaway party from the BJP, on December 9, former Karnataka chief minister B S Yeddyurappa and his family members will have to appear in a CBI special court in Bangalore to answer a summons issued with respect to a corruption chargesheet filed in a mining case.
On the basis of a November 16 order of CBI court judge Venkata Sundarshan, summons were issued on Wednesday for Yeddyurappa and 12 others to be present in court on December 10. Among the 12 others summoned are Yeddyurappa's sons B Y Vijayendra and B Y Raghavendra, son-in-law R N Sohan Kumar, former minister Krishnaiah Setty and officials of the steel major JSW.
The CBI had on October 16 charged Yeddyurappa, his family members, the steel major JSW Steel — including its chief Sajjan Jindal and CEO Vinod Nowal — and four JSW affiliates of criminal conspiracy, cheating, forgery and corruption in a case relating to payment of Rs 40 crore as bribes to Yeddyurappa's family and a family trust for iron ore mining favours granted in 2010.
The CBI did not arrest any individuals. Yeddyurappa got anticipatory bail. All those summoned to on December 10 are likely to obtain bail after complying with the summons.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow