Sun Pharma Q3 net profit Rs 881 cr
- IPL spot-fixing case: Delhi Police to trace money trail in four cities
- PM-level talks: India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Kings XI Punjab vs Mumbai Indians
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
- Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah inducts 28 ministers, keeps tainted away
Sun Pharmaceuticals today reported a consolidated net profit of Rs 881.30 crore for the third quarter (Q3) ended December 31, 2012.
The company had posted a net profit of Rs 668.30 crore in the corresponding period previous fiscal, Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd said in a filing to the BSE.
Consolidated net sales of the company stood at Rs 2,852 crore for the third quarter ended December 31, 2012. It stood at Rs 2,145.13 crore for the same period of 2011-12 fiscal.
"All our businesses continue to perform in-line with our expectations," Sun Pharma Managing Director Dilip Shanghvi said.
The company said the third quarter results were not comparable to the previous year due to the US-based Dusa Pharmaceuticals becoming a subsidiary of the company during December 2012.
The results for the current period include results of Dusa from the date it became subsidiary of Sun Pharma and, therefore, the corresponding figures for the previous period are not comparable, the company said.
Shares of Sun Pharma were trading at Rs 749 apiece on the BSE in the afternoon trade, up 0.03 per cent from its previous close.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations