Superstar with a conscience is the guest at Adda tonight
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
Perfectionist. Marathon Man. Marketing Monster. Mr Box Office. Aamir Khan has come to live these terms in Bollywood today. Also activist, thought leader, superstar with a social conscience.
On Wednesday evening, The Indian Express hosts him at the Express Adda at Olive Bar & Kitchen in Mumbai. The Express Adda — now well over a year old and an established monthly fixture in the social calendar of Delhi and Mumbai — is a series of free-wheeling conversations with personalities at the centre of change in our times.
2012 has been big for Aamir. Talaash continues to run successfully at the box office. His TV show Satyamev Jayate shook the nation up by taking a stand on social issues.
Aamir thrives on unpredictable choices; reinvention is his middle name. In Bollywood, the Aamir Khan story is this: if there's a movie nobody else will make, he will.
A select audience drawn from thinking Mumbai is set for a unique, stimulating conversation.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow