Aamir Khan: Superstar with a conscience is the guest at Adda tonight
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings
- Just in: Pune Warriors withdraw from the Indian Premier League
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- Supreme Court rules out ban on IPL matches, slams BCCI over spot-fixing
Perfectionist. Marathon Man. Marketing Monster. Mr Box Office. Aamir Khan has come to live these terms in Bollywood today. Also Activist, Thought Leader, Superstar with a Social Conscience.
On Wednesday evening, The Indian Express hosts him at the Express Adda at Olive Bar & Kitchen in Mumbai. The Express Adda — now well over a year old and an established monthly fixture in the social calendar of Delhi and Mumbai — is a series of free-wheeling conversations with personalities at the centre of change in our times.
2012 has been big for Aamir. Talaash continues to run successfully at the box office. His TV show Satyamev Jayate shook the nation up by taking a stand on social issues.
Aamir thrives on unpredictable choices; reinvention is his middle name. In Bollywood, the Aamir Khan story is this: if there's a movie nobody else will make, he will.
A select audience drawn from thinking Mumbai is set for a unique, stimulating conversation.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held