Supporters of UP revenue minister protest
- Rs 20L seized from Ajit Chandila relative's home, another ex-cricketer held
- India and China ask SRs to work on more border steps
- Can't charge man with rape over consensual sex even if marriage eludes: Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabian authorities refuse to accept new Indian passports
- FIR filed against Facebook for not discontinuing hate page
Supporters of UP Minister of State for Revenue Vinod Kumar Singh, who resigned on Friday over allegations of abducting CMO S P Singh, staged a protest before the Chief Medical Officer's office here.
About 100 to 125 supporters of Singh arrived at the CMO office on coming to know of the resignation raising slogans and creating a ruckus.
Around five to six protestors have been taken into custody and taken to the police station, SP Kripa Shankar Singh said.
Earlier in the day, Singh sent in his resignation to the CM on moral grounds stressing that there was an attempt to malign the image of the party and government by his adversaries through him.
He also demanded a high-level probe into the incident refuting all allegations levelled against him.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'