Surat police quiz stowaway from Pakistan
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
A stowaway from Pakistan, who was caught travelling in an Italian cargo ship bound for Hazira a few days ago, is being questioned by Marine Police, Special Operation Group and the Coast Guard.
According to details, as the ship entered a jetty at Hazira in Surat to unload goods, the captain spotted the stowaway, who said he had boarded the ship at Karachi port a few days ago to reach Europe. The captain informed the Surat police.
The police, which have been questioning the man on the ship, said he had been identified as Mohammed Ismail Mohammed Muskan (35), a resident of Karachi in Pakistan. Ismail is married and has three children. He was working as a labourer at Karachi port.
"He seems from a poor poor family. He boarded the ship to enter Europe. We have not recovered any document or passport from his possession. We are still questioning him to find out more details," G K Ishrani of the Marine Police said.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow