Suresh Raina keen to utilise Irani game to earn Test recall
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
"I have been scoring runs in last 10 matches. So this is the chance. I need to do well in this game; then I can come back to the Test team. Hoping for the best. I am looking forward to this game," Raina told reporters here today.
The UP left-hander is a member of the Virender Sehwag-led Rest of India squad to take on Ranji Trophy champions Mumbai in the Irani Cup clash from February 6-10 at the Wankhede Stadium.
The ROI players practised this afternoon at the stadium ahead of the match and the notable absentees were captain Sehwag, Harbhajan Singh, Murli Vijay and Manoj Tiwary.
"I am working hard and batting well. I hope I make a good score. Then I will get a chance (to play in the Tests against Australia)," Raina said.
India host Australia in a 4-match Test series from February 22.
Asked about off-spinner Harbhajan Singh's recent claim that India would make a clean sweep against Australia, Raina said currently he was focusing on the game against Mumbai.
"This match is important. I am not looking at 4-0. I am trying to do well against Mumbai. If I come back to the Test team, then definitely we will try to defeat them.
"If an experienced player like Harbhajan is saying this, then definitely we would be able to defeat them 4-0 if we play well."
India were whitewashed 4-0 by Australia in the latter's backyard in the 2011-12 season.
Raina said he has improved as a cricketer and can play close to 50 Test matches.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow