Suri college to welcome its most coveted alumnus
- Rs 20L seized from Ajit Chandila relative's home, another ex-cricketer held
- India and China ask SRs to work on more border steps
- Can't charge man with rape over consensual sex even if marriage eludes: Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabian authorities refuse to accept new Indian passports
- FIR filed against Facebook for not discontinuing hate page
V-C not allowed to present flowers to President
Vice-Chancellor of Visva Bharati University Dr Sushanta Dutta Gupta was not allowed to present floral bouquet to President Pranab Mukherjee when he arrived here on a helicopter on Tuesday afternoon. The felicitation was scheduled but was dropped at the last minute citing "protocol issues". Dutta Gupta did not comment, but later said that he does not belief in protocol issues. Uday Narayan Singh, the nodal officer in charge of monitoring the Wednesday's event at the university, refused to comment. The alumni association of the university said the V-C was not allowed to felicitate the President as charges of financial impropriety have been levelled against him. In the evening, V-C's wife met Pranab at the latter's brother residence.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'