Not Narender Modi, Sushma Swaraj 'deserving' BJP PM candidate: Bal Thackeray
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray has said that Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj is the only leader in the ally BJP who would make a "deserving" Prime Minister.
In part three of his marathon interview, published by Sena mouthpiece 'Saamana' today, Thackeray said: "At present there is only one person who is intelligent, brilliant - Sushma Swaraj."
He was responding to the question who in BJP could become the next Prime Minister.
"I have said this many times... She would be a great choice for PM's post. She is a deserving, intelligent woman. She would deliver a great performance," the Shiv Sena patriarch added.
Thackeray also expressed dismay over senior BJP leader L K Advani's recent prediction that the next government may be formed by a non-NDA, non-UPA front.
"I find it difficult to say anything beyond (what he said). What should one expect from these people ? Why did he say so?" Thackeray said.
To a question whether the alliance between BJP and Shiv Sena was "strong", Thackeray said: "Now (I) can't use the word strong. Thinking has changed, there are personal animosities, animosities between the parties. NDA of the past had a leader like Vajpayee, now there is no such leadership. But I am talking about NDA, not BJP."
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet