Suspect dies in police custody
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- BSE Sensex falls 49 pts, Larsen & Toubro Limited shares hit by Q4 data
A suspect in a matter of alleged attempt of chain snatching died in police custody at City Kotwali police station of Bareilly district late Friday night. The victim's brother, who was also in police custody, alleged that his brother was tortured by the policemen following which he died.
Bareilly SSP Satyendra Vir Singh said that a case of murder has been registered against the SHO and two constables and the trio has also been suspended. He also said that he has recommended an inquiry by the CB-CID into the matter and the letter in this regard has been forwarded by him to the government. Singh added that the post mortem examination which was conducted by a panel of three doctors could not ascertain the cause of death. The viscera has been preserved for laboratory test to know if he was poisoned.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow