Suspected honour killing: Man strangles daughter
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Regular wickets keep Sunrisers Hyderabad in the hunt
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
In yet another case of suspected honour killing in Haryana, a man allegedly strangled his 21-year-old daughter to death in Jhajjar, 35km from here, suspecting her of having an affair with an unidentified man, a police official said today.
The deceased, identified as Pooja, was a student Lord Shiva College in Sirsa, Jhajjar City Police Post in-charge and Investigating Officer Baljeet Singh said.
In his complaint lodged with the police, Pooja's elder brother Manish Kumar said his father was thrashing Pooja black and blue in a room in their house at Jatiya mohalla near Ambedkar Chowk in Jhajjar on Wednesday when he reached there at around 11 pm.
Manish said he tried to open the door but did not succeed as it was bolted from inside. "Thereafter, I broke open a window of the room. When I entered the room, my father was strangulating Pooja by tightening a data cable of mobile phone around her neck. She died before I intervened," said Manish in the complaint.
Later, he informed the police about the incident.
A team of forensic experts also visited the scene of the crime and collected some samples from there.
Ramesh was arrested after police registered a case under section 302 (murder) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) on the complaint of Manish Kumar.
The body of the girl was handed over to her brother by the police after getting the postmortem done from civil hospital here today.
"Ramesh has been arrested following a raid at his hideout this evening. During interrogation, he has confessed to his crime during interrogation and will be produced before a local court tomorrow," said Baljeet Singh.
He maintained that Manish had said in the complaint that Ramesh had suspected his daughter¿s character which turned out to be a reason behind her killing.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow