Suspend deputy head of factories dept: Parvasi board
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Regular wickets keep Sunrisers Hyderabad in the hunt
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
A day after the death of a worker in Zeenat industries, after his hand was caught by a mchine, Sitamber Singh — member of Parvasi board — said that lack of proper care by factories and labour department, had caused an increase in such accidents.
"The deputy director factories Jitender Singh Bhatti should be suspended as he failed to visit the factory in time after the accident," he said, adding that Bhatti was the person deputed in Khanna when a fatal accident took place in September in a solvex factory resulting in death of 14 workers. He was suspended at that time and again re-instated.
Bhatti said, "I have ordered an inquiry and it will be completed within a month. The report will be sent to the director factories who will further decide as what action needs to be taken."
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow