Suspended TC leader arrested
- BCCI says it can't control bookies, promises to 'fix' guilty players
- Counter-terrorism to top Indo-US Security dialogue agenda: Sushilkumar Shinde
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Pune Warriors bat, Ashok Dinda back
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives today, PM to seek early revival of border talks
- Telangana very much part of UPA national agenda: P C Chacko
Suspended Trinamool Congress leader Ashis Dey, who had brandished a revolver and threatened the staff of a private hospital here, was today arrested.
Police said Dey was arrested after he surrendered this morning.
A local court later remanded him to five days police custody.
Dey had gone into the hospital leading a group on Friday night brandishing the firearm to threaten its staff following a spat. The act was caught on CCTV.
TMC MP Shatabdi Roy and other party leaders have denounced the act and said action should be taken against the suspended leader.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet