Swedish coach to conduct clinic
- Spot-fixing: Petition in SC seeks stay on IPL matches, seeks SIT probe
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Sanjay Dutt spends restless nights as officials yet to decide on his jail
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Railgate: BJP protests against CBI DIG for shielding Pawan Bansal
Chandigarh:Henrik Ekersund, the Swedish tennis coach, will conduct a week-long coaching camp at CLTA. The camp will start from November 24 to 30. Henrik had been associated with Swedish Tennis Association as the U-14 national coach and Director Coaches Education. Presently, he is in India working with the All India Tennis Association (AITA). He has visited various coaching centres in India and worked with players from Chennai, Bangalore, Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Raipur, Gwalior, Sholapur and Indore. He has worked in players' development plan in Sweden.
Kabaddi World Cup from Dec 1
Chandigarh:A total of 16 countries have confirmed their participation in the 15-day long 3rd World Cup Kabaddi Punjab at different venues of the state from December 1 to 15. Also, for the first time, teams from European and African countries will take part in the meet. In the women section, seven countries including hosts India, Canada, Denmark, England, Turkmenistan, USA and Malaysia, would vie for Rs. 1.43 crore prize money. The prize money for women event has been doubled from Rs. 25 lakh to 51 lakh for the winner, Rs 15 lakh to 31 lakh for the runners-up and Rs 10 to 21 lakh for the third position. In men's category, the prize money has been doubled to Rs. 2 crore for winner, Rs. 1 crore for runners-up and Rs. 51 lakh for the third position. The opening would take place at Bathinda on December 1. The Ministry of Sports and National Anti Dope Agency has already been requested to ensure dope test of all players and an Anti Dope Committee has already been setup.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'