Swine flu: Two more cases, total reaches 61 in district
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Madras High Court issues notice to BCCI, Sports Minister over IPL spot-fixing
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- Govt further cuts import tariff value of gold
With two fresh cases of swine flu reported on Monday, the total reached 61 in the district. Out of the two fresh cases reported, while one patient belonged to Ludhiana, the other was from Moga.
While 14 people died because of swine flu, out of them six belonged to Ludhiana. Out of 61 patients, 21 were from Ludhiana and the remaining from other districts and states.
District edidemiologist Dr Anil Verma said, "Two fresh cases of swine flu came on Monday. Both the patients are women and are undergoing treatment at Dayanand Medical College and Hospital and SPS Apollo Hospital."
Discussing precautions against swine flu, Dr Verma said, "People should avoid hugging and shaking hands in this season when swine flu is spreading. If anybody develops some symptoms of swine flu, he or she should not take any medicine without consulting a doctor."
One should also cover nose while coughing and sneezing and avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth without washing hands, he said.
He added that symptoms of swine flu included fever, cough, sore throat, runny or stuffy nose, breathing problems, bodyache, headache, fatigue, chills, shivering, diarrhoea, vomiting, and blood in sputum.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow