Taj Mahotsava begins
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- BSE Sensex falls 49 pts, Larsen & Toubro Limited shares hit by Q4 data
Taj Mahotsava, the ten-day long cultural feast showcasing country's finest crafts and culture at a single platform, today started near the Eastern gate of the Taj Mahal here. Uttar Pradesh Minister for Tourism Om Prakash Singh opened the festival at Shilpgram, the artisans village about a kilometre east of the Taj Mahal.
The theme for this year's Mahotsav is 'Our Tradition, Our Heritage' (humari parampara, humari virasat). The festival was started in 1992. mThe minister said that the people of Agra were fortunate in having the world heritage monument in their city. "Development of Agra was a top priority of the Chief Minister and steps were being taken for speedy implementation of many development projects in the city," Singh said. The festival will showcase Indian art,m craft, music and mcuisine.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow