Talaash music unveiled
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
The venue for the music launch of Aamir Khan's most anticipated film of the year, Talaash, was converted to resemble the fictitious Hotel Lido, a red-light area which forms a significant part in the movie. The event started off with a trailer of the film, that also features
Kareena Kapoor and Rani Mukerji, and also gave a glimpse of some songs from the film. While Kareena could not attend as she was in the Capital busy with her wedding reception, Aamir was flanked by Rani, along with co-producers Farhan Akhtar and Ritesh Sidhwani, writer Zoya Akhtar, lyricist Javed Akhtar, director Reema Kagti, music composer Ram Sampath and singer Sona Mohapatra. Speaking about the music of the film, Javed Akhtar said, "The song Muskaanein jhoothi hain has been written in strokes. If you see, the lines are like a collage. They are complete in themselves, but ultimately they make an image. I am very happy about the song Jiya laage na, because this is a kind of composition we do not see in our films nowadays. I am quite convinced that it will stand out because you can't think of another song in the last few years that had this kind of zing or composition." About the film and his character, Aamir said, "The film is actually more a suspense drama. I play a police inspector in the film and apart from investigating the case, this character is battling with his past as he has not come to terms with certain things yet."
Sony Music acquires rights of Matru Ki Bijli Ka Mandola
Sony has acquired the music rights of Vishal Bhardwaj's upcoming movie Matru Ki Bijli Ka Mandola. Set in a fictional village of Haryana, the comedy-drama stars Imran Khan, Anushka Sharma, Arya Babbar, Pankaj Kapoor and Shabana Azmi. The film will hit the theatres on January 11, 2013. Bhardwaj has not only written and directed the movie but is also the music director. Imran will be seen for the first time in a Haryanvi avatar in the movie while Anushka dons the role of a modern girl. The trailer of the film released yesterday and it has been widely appreciated by the audience.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM