Talks on airport project to continue today
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
The state government is all set to assess the site proposed by the district administration and the Maharashtra Airport Development Company for the airport project and take forward the proposal on Friday. The district administration has proposed three new villages for the project after reassessment by MADC and district officials. The new 1,200 hectare site is spread over Chandoos, part of Kewale and part of Pimpri-Budruk.
The MADC had written to the Pune divisional commissioner regarding the alternative site which is close to Shiroli — the site previously chosen for the project. "It is up to the district administration to start the land acquisition process as soon as possible. If there are still any issues, we would have to go for a totally new site," said the MADC officials. MADC officials said plain terrain at the third site would be suitable for the airport project. "This was among the first proposed sites. The main issue would be the acquisition of land now ," said an official.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet