Tariq Anwar assumes charge as MoS Agri & Food Processing Industries
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
The new Minister of State for Agriculture and Food Processing Industries Tariq Anwar has said allied sectors like dairying and animal husbandry play an important role in the growth of agriculture and betterment of farmers.
Anwar, who took charge of his new post on Tuesday, said he would do his best to contribute to policy formulation and implementation not only in mainline agriculture but also the allied sectors such as dairying and animal husbandry.
These sectors have an important role in overall growth of agriculture and well-being and prosperity of farmers, he said.
Anwar, who hails from Bihar, has been a Parliamentarian since 1984 and was part of a number of important parliamentary committees, the statement said.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held