Tata group won’t get into aviation business: Ratan Tata
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
"For several years, the fact that we had sanctions of various sorts on us, gave us no access to technology and that in itself was a challenge."
However, that challenge was never thrown to the private sector which was a "bit of a disappointment to me", Tata said.
Vested interests in the public sector and government laboratories do not not give these areas to the private sector. Therefore, while these areas have been opened up, the private sector's involvement is still very limited, he said.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held