Tata Motors global sales up 13% in Aug
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
Tata Motors today said its global sales increased 13 per cent in August to 97,225 units, over the same period last year.
Sales of luxury brands from Jaguar Land Rover were at 24,060 units in August, up 13 per cent from the same month last year, Tata Motors said in a statement.
While sales of luxury sedans of Jaguar brand stood at 2,960 units, Land Rover sales were at 18,798 units, it added.
The company said total passenger vehicles sales stood at 47,141 units in August, 2012, a jump of 23 per cent from the same month last year.
Commercial vehicle sales were up by 4 per cent to 50,084 units from the same month last year, it added.
The Tata Motors group's global sales comprise Tata, Tata Daewoo and Hispano Carrocera range of commercial vehicles, Tata passenger vehicles, along with the distributed brands in India, Jaguar and Land Rover.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations