Tata Motors Q3 net profit tanks 52% at Rs 1,636.01 cr
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
The company had posted a net profit of Rs 3,422.7 crore in the same period last fiscal, Tata Motors said in a filing to the BSE.
Consolidated total income from operations stood at Rs 46,089.5 crore during the third quarter as against Rs 45,260.25 crore in the same period last fiscal.
The company said the growth is revenue was on the back of strong demand, growth in volumes and favourable market mix at Jaguar Land Rover (JLR).
On a standalone basis, the company had a net loss of Rs 458.49 crore in the third quarter ended December 31, 2012 as against a standalone net profit of Rs 173.67 crore in the same period last fiscal.
Standalone total income from operations during the period under review stood at Rs 10,630.09 crore as against Rs 13,337.9 crore in the year-ago period.
During the third quarter, Tata Motors sold a total of 2,05,291 vehicles as against 2,31,328 units in the same period last fiscal.
JLR wholesales for the quarter ended December 31, 2012, grew 9.9 per cent over corresponding period last year to 94,828 units, Tata Motors said.
While Jaguar volumes for the period stood at 15,043 units, Land Rover volumes were at 79,785 units. Growth in volumes is driven by continued strong demand from China and sales of Range Rover Evoque and Freelander.
JLR revenues for the quarter were at GBP 3,804 million, up 1.5 per cent from GBP 3,749 million during the corresponding quarter last year. Profit after tax for the
quarter was at GBP 296 million as against GBP 393 million in the corresponding quarter last year, it added.
In the domestic market, commercial vehicles sales for the quarter ended December 31, 2012, stood at 1,38,963 units, driven by the LCV segment and passenger vehicles sales stood at 54,675 units, it said.
Shares of Tata Motors ended the day at Rs 296.70 per scrip on the BSE, down 2.59 from the previous close.
Stocks More on Tata Motors
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow