TCS shares up 2% ahead of Q2 results
Shares of IT major TCS (Tata Consultancy Services) today rose by nearly 2 per cent ahead of its second quarter results to be announced tomorrow.
TCS shares ended the day 1.85 per cent higher at Rs 1,305.20 apiece on the BSE. In the intra-day trade, the stock gained 2.14 per cent.
On the NSE, the scrip ended at Rs 1,306.45 apiece, up 1.82 per cent.
"TCS will announce its Q2 results tomorrow and some stock specific action may be seen in the counter," Nidhi Sarswat Research Analyst at Bonanza Portfolio said.
According to Kotak Institutional Equities report, TCS is expected to lead the IT Tier-I pack with 4.3 per cent quarter-on-quarter dollar revenue growth.
In the stock market, the Sensex closed the day at 18,791.93, up 181.16 points.
Stocks More on TCS
Company INFO More on TCS
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow