TDP shocked after its MPs abstain from Rajya Sabha vote on FDI
"I missed a flight to Delhi yesterday and could not goto Parliament. All allegations being made against me are false. There is no other reason for this," she claimed.
However, TDP's senior leaders did not take their claims kindly.
They should be removed from the party and they should also quit their posts. Those who cannot even win (elections) as ward members were made MPs, but they ditched the party and brought ignominy to Chandrababu," senior TDP MLA Kothakota Dayakar Reddy fumed at the TDP headquarters NTR Bhavan today.
They (MPs) have committed an "unpardonable crime" by abstaining from the voting on FDI which the party strongly opposed, he said.
TDP politburo member Kadiyam Srihari also demanded strong action against the three MPs saying they brought disgrace to the party, while another senior TDP MLA Payyavula Keshav said that lakhs of TDP workers were "deeply hurt" by the MPs' abstentions.
"They should apologise not only to party workers, but also to people of the state," Keshav said.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow