Team Anna comes under attack in LS
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- BSE Sensex falls 49 pts, Larsen & Toubro Limited shares hit by Q4 data
Taking on the Anna Hazare-led civil society, RJD chief Lalu Prasad told the Lok Sabha that "any design to target the Constitution and Parliament must be thwarted".
"In the name of Lokpal, a move is on to destroy the country and Parliament, which is the law-making body. They are using the language of gheraoing the MPs... they are calling us thieves and dacoits," he said. "They want to place someone else on our head." This, he added, "is a deep-rooted conspiracy to devalue and defame Parliament".
Without naming Anna or his team, he said MPs must resolve "not to allow any damage to Parliament, the biggest democratic institution in the world".
Asaduddin Owaisi of the MIM said "fringe elements cannot be allowed to override supremacy of Parliament."
In a veiled reference to the issue, Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley said: "Parliament is accountable. Mobs are not accountable. So there is no substitute for Parliamentary institutions and a popular faith as far as its functioning is concerned."
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow