Team India crumbles after furious England backlash on 'disgraceful' pitch
- Rs 20L seized from Ajit Chandila relative's home, another ex-cricketer held
- Indian American teen Eesha Khare invents wondrous 20-sec charger, Google eyes bid
- India and China ask SRs to work on more border steps
- Can't charge man with rape over consensual sex even if marriage eludes: Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabian authorities refuse to accept new Indian passports
Has England rushed him into retirement? Perhaps. It depends a lot on whether India bats itself into a safe position or not in first innings and more so whether it actually is able to make a victory charge in the second batting last on a wearing pitch.
Surely, this is the time for Sachin, and the powers-that-be, to introspect.
Virat Kohli on 11 (39) and Dhoni himself on 8 (27) are still to strike the ball in anything resembling confidence, leave alone anger.
Has it doomed Dhoni's Test career? Again, as the events of the last few days show, the answer would have been in the affirmative, but for BCCI the equation may be different.
That Monty Panesar and co were not born yesterday is evident from the pathetic scoreline at stumps 87/4.
In fact, Panesar bowled a superb spell starting from his first ball and played a large part in transferring uncertainty into the minds of the batsmen with his accuracy even though he did not bag a single wicket. Swann with 1 and Anderson with 3 bagged the honours for the day.
Check Scorecard India vs England Test
India slip yet again to give England the upper hand
India slip yet again to give England the upper hand India's batting woes continued to haunt them with the top-oder batsmen succumbing tamely yet again as England snapped up four quick wickets to gain firm control of the the crucial fourth and final cricket Test here today.
After posting a decent score of 330 in the first innings, the visitors exploited the slow and uneven bounce of the track to leave India gasping at a precarious 87 for four at close on an eventful second day which saw nine wickets fall.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled six balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held