Techfest draws to a close
- Former Ranji player held, Sreesanth and others to be produced in court today
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- All eyes on Narendra Modi as BJP set to discuss strategy for Lok Sabha polls
- SC agrees to hear PIL to stay IPL matches due to spot-fixing
- Monstrous tornado rips through US city of Oklahoma, 90 dead
Animation, virtual reality and robotics dominated the last day of IIT-Bombay Techfest-2013. With a turnout of about 42,000 students, the campus was abuzz with activity on an otherwise lazy Sunday. The three-day festival saw a footfall of over a lakh.
It was 'Technoholix' night and lecture series that drew a record crowd on the final day. "This year, for the first time, we had over one lakh people visiting the campus for the three-day festival. On Sunday, the campus was so crowded, police had to take charge. The lecture series, which saw Nobel Laureate Amartya Sen speaking, had jam-packed audience. This year's highlight were robotics, international exhibition and lectures," said Shrey Singh, media manager of Techfest-2013. Finals of all major competitions also concluded on the final day.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held