Techie feared drowned in Pavana
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Chennai Super Kings bat, Sachin Tendulkar still out
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
A 27-year-old software professional was feared drowned in Pavana river near Somatne Phata on Sunday. The fire brigade and police teams along with local swimmers carried out a search operation till late night. Talegaon Dabhade police said Mahendra Ramsingh Hada, a resident of Akurdi, had gone to swim with three friends. "All four knew swimming but Hada apparently drowned due to exhaustion. His friends tried to save him but could not succeed," said Prakash Ahiwale, assistant sub-inspector, Dehu Road police station.
Teen arrested for molesting girl
THE Bharati Vidyapeeth police have arrested a 17-year old boy for allegedly molesting a 24-year-old student of Bharati Vidyapeeth Dental College. The incident took place on February 4 at the building in Katraj where the victim stays. Police said the girl did not approach them immediately as "she was in a state of shock". However, when she spotted the boy at an eating joint on Friday, she lodged a complaint with the police and the minor was arrested under Section 354 of the IPC. In another case, a bank employee was booked for molesting a 29-year-old woman in Yerwada whose husband had apparently taken a loan from the bank. Police said accused Ashish visited the victim's house on Saturday when her husband was away and molested her. Constable D A Suryavanshi is investigating the case.
Hadapsar businessman dies in car accident
C Mahadevan, a businessman from Hadapsar, was killed in a road accident while he was travelling in a car from Kerala to Pune along with family members on Saturday. He was 57. The victim's wife and daughter sustained injuries. Mahadevan's last rites were performed at Amardham crematorium on Sunday.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held