Techie stabs wife to death for refusing to be loan coapplicant
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Michael Hussey, Suresh Raina propel Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
Irked over his wife's refusal to be a co-applicant for a home loan, a Delhi based software engineer flew down here and stabbed her to death after an argument and tried to commit suicide by slashing his veins at Munnekola area, police said.
They said the couple, who got married in 2008, were on the verge of separation. The man had moved to Delhi and found a job there and planned to buy a flat in Whitefield here, for which he wanted his wife to be a co-applicant for a home loan.
On November 12, Siddarth Choudhary flew down from Delhi and tried to persuade wife Ruthi to be a co-applicant, but she refused. A heated argument ensued following which he stabbed her to death and cut his veins with a knife, police said.
The couple's three-year-old daughter and the woman's mother were at home during the time, police said.
The lady informed her second daughter, staying in another part of the city, who contacted police. They rushed to the spot and arrested Siddarth after administering him first aid.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held