Teen ‘raped’ in J&K, 2 held
Even as protests continue to press for speedy trial and death penalty for the people involved in the gangrape of a paramedical student in Delhi, the J&K police have arrested two youth on charges of abducting an 18-year-old girl from outside residence at Jakheni village and raping her Sunday night.
Identifying the accused as Tarsem Singh and Shammi Kumar, the police said Singh asked the girl to come out of her house and told her he would commit suicide there if she failed to do so, bringing a bad name to her family. Fearing the threat, the girl came out and the two accused abducted her and took her to the nearby forests to rape her.
In the meantime, some villagers heard the alarm raised by the girl and rushed to the spot. On seeing the approaching villagers, both the accused fled and were arrested after raids.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow