Teen alleges brother-in-law ‘raped, threw acid’ on her
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
A teenage girl was allegedly abducted and raped by her brother-in-law in City Kotwali police station area of Sambhal district and then acid was thrown on her, inflicting burns on her face and one hand.
The incident took place on January 1, but the victim lodged a complaint at Syednagli police station in Amroha district today. The case has been transferred to Sambhal district for investigation.
Sambhal SP Tahsildar Singh said after they received the FIR from Amroha, the girl was sent for medical examination. He said the accused was yet to be arrested.
Station officer of Syednagli police station Rampal Singh, who conducted the primary investigation, said the girl, who works at a private hospital as paramedical staff, had stated that she left the hospital around 4 pm on January 1. She was waiting for a bus at the Sambhal station for Amroha when she received a call on her cellphone from her brother-in-law Hanif, asking for her whereabouts. Soon, he arrived along with a friend in a car.
The girl alleged that Hanif and his friend dragged her into the car and took her to Hanif's native place at Matipur village. There, Hanif raped her at gunpoint and threw acid on her. The girl told the police she reached her house next day.
The SO said the girl, who is aged about 18, had suffered minor burns on the left side of her face and one hand.
Sambhal SP Tahsildar Singh said he had sent the SHO of city Kotwali police station to Hanif's village where locals said Hanif had separated from his wife two years ago.
Girl alleges blackmail, hangs herself
A 22-year-old girl allegedly committed suicide by hanging herself at her house in Kanpur's Naubasta area on Friday evening. A suicide note found from the spot stated a local youth named Manish Mishra threatened her of uploading her obscene photographs on the internet. Police said that suicide not also talks about Mishra's three associated who too used to harass her. The victim came in contact with Mishra while she was pursuing fashion designing course. Police said they are looking for Mishra and his friends.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow